Not long ago I blogged about the backlog of projects I had in my workshop. I decided to ‘just do it’ to steal a slogan. My solution – of course – to start a New project. I got out some 8/4 cherry I had randomly added on to a wood order a while back and started to lay out the pieces for a Milkman’s Workbench. I don’t drink a lot of milk (nor deliver it) but I guess the current title sounds better than a ‘half-dead old Soldier’s workbench’.
Why did I pick this particular project. I was reminded of it when I was virtually thumbing through some old Popular Woodworking magazines. My biggest challenge thus far in my woodworking journey has been work holding. I’ve managed to kludge together solutions ranging from a workmate to a Moxon style vise. I’ve employed my commercial workbench thus far but I’ve been hesitant to drill holes into it. I want to return it to it’s original general garage/auto purpose without looking like Swiss cheese.
And thus enters my newest project. A bench I can clamp onto my other bench and have all the luxuries (I hope) of a ‘real’ bench.
Here’s a Link to Christopher Schwarz’ blog entry about it…